Saturday, March 1, 2008

Train Show

As the first 'official' entry in our new family blog, I thought I would write a bit about the train show Alek and I went to today.

The girls and Amy were all gone to play practice, for the local play they are in this spring. Amy is doing the costumes and each of the girls have a part in the play. Alek and I decided to head up to Ogden for the large train show they have every year that was going on this weekend.



The first thing Alek wanted to do was ride on the small train they had in the parking lot. After doing this, he was ready for something bigger, so we went to play on the 'real' trains. He enjoyed climbing on the trains and pretending to drive them.

Throughout the rest of the day we saw hundreds of model trains from small to big. The sets they created for the trains were very elaborate and must have taken months/years to work on. The train sets that Alek (and daddy) liked the best were the Lego Train Village, Harry Potter Hogwarts Express and the trains that had real smoke coming from the smokestacks.

I had never seen so many trains before in my life and we both had a great day together on the railroad.


No comments: